My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I need to start by saying that I just hate it when people read a memoir, then complain that they "hate the main character" or that the author is just too full of themselves. It is a MEMOIR, it is about the life and inner thoughts of a single person. It is only about them, the very definition of memoir!!!!
Anyway, I loved this memoir. The pain, being able to admit the pain, and still have a laugh with herself, was amazing. It is a spiritual journey, not a love story. It is what we all need in our lives, even if we cannot do it in Italy, India, or Indonesia. (All about "I"). This book has opened up new ideas for me. I am now embarking on my own spiritual journey. I cannot go anywhere physically, but I can learn, and meditate, and study, and just live for me once in a while. We live in a world where when someone writes about taking care of themselves, and taking time for themselves, we say they are selfish? It is important to take time to take care of ourselves, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Or else, what kind of world are we living in where there is no love for one another, because we are all frazzled?
Read this book with an open heart and an open mind, and see where it takes you.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment