Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of KatherinesAn Abundance of Katherines by John Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I read this book because it is by John Greenand I am a nerd fighter. However being a nerd fighter I had yet to read any of his novels. I tried several times, but they were always checked out at my local library. So I finally got a hold of this one, and I have to say it was very good. It started out a little hard to get into. I felt that the anagrams and his overall smartypantsness was a turn off to many readers, including myself at first. But I stuck with it and it got a lot better. The characters grew and realized more about themselves in great ways. It is a true coming of age tale.
And admittedly the end really got to me. Where I am right now, having finished my degrees, and job hunting, I just feel lost and scared of the future. Colin's realization at the end about the future really resonated with me, and I feel a whole lot better about tomorrow and the next day, etc. Way to go John Green!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment