Saturday, September 18, 2010

Review: Catching Fire


Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a pleasing middle child. I am left waiting until I can get the next one when Borders opens in the morning. I am so very lucky to have gotten into this trilogy only after all three have been published. Had I caught on earlier, I would have been a mess waiting for Mockingjay.

This book actually made me tear up, granted The Hunger Games did too so I should have been expecting it. This was a great book, not amazing, but a perfect middle ground to set up the conclusion to be (hopefully happily) presented in the next one. I recommend this trilogy to everyone, and have been suggesting it to all my students for their Choice Novel unit. Though I am still unsure how this will be a good movie and not be rated R for shear blood and death.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment