Saturday, March 5, 2011

Magazines

I love magazines. I have always been interested in them, and really wanted to work in some form dealing in magazines. But alas, I did not get into the School of Journalism at the UW and so went a different route. Though I am still interested in magazines.



I love how there is a magazine or more out there for everything, every age, and every hobby. I like to think about the stages of life through the different magazines you buy at that point. Getting to mile stones in life comes with a new magazine that pertains to me! And I get all excited by the prospect.



As a child I had three magazines that my parents got for me and my sister. They were just for kids and that made me feel special. I loved reading the “articles” and short stories, looking at the comics, and getting lots of information.



As I got older, the magazines changed. Suddenly the three dropped to one, but one very interesting one. I was never a teen who liked “Seventeen” but I liked other magazines that were just for me and my time of life.



When I got to college I got my own subscriptions to magazines that I liked. I was in a new and changing time of my life, and my magazines were there to help me along with advice, funny comics, and great antidotes, and ways to get in shape.




Now I am done with college and am engaged to the man of my dreams. Now I get to buy the fun wedding magazines. With the rings, the colors, and the advice. I can go up to a counter, buy a wedding magazine, and flash my ring, oh yeah, I am getting married! I could look at them before, but now it is different, because they actually have information I need in them now, not just wishful thinking.




Now on to the future. I am looking forward to the magazines I will get to buy one day. All the information and fun hints that will suddenly become useful and important.


And I am looking to getting them in order of what is going on in my life. Magazines can map out what was going on in your life buy what you buy when.


And there is always one waiting for you at that next stage in life.




No matter what you are interested in, or doing for a living, there is a magazine for you.



And there are lots of magazines for me, and I cannot wait to get to them.


I am not sure when I will get to have a real reason to buy these magazines, but I know that I hope I will get to one day. And I am going to pass on the interest and pleasure a good magazine can bring with my kids one day.




On another note, I have been cleaning and looking for jobs all week so my word count has suffered. But I am still plodding along!

No comments:

Post a Comment